Sunday, August 30, 2009

Just a funny moment from my day...

We're potty training Iris. It's taking longer than it should because of all the traveling we've been doing this year. She's grasped the concept, just hasn't mastered the technique. I told her that I'm not going to buy her any more pull-ups, which she's fine with that...she prefers panties. So, today, I got her to put some on after church. She was hanging out with me in the living room, and disappeared for a minute. She shows back up and says, "Mom, I peed in your room." So, I send her to the bathroom to clean herself up, and also tell her that since she made a mess in my room that she was going to have to clean it. I grabbed the carpet cleaner and a rag. Iris meets back up with me, and tells me that she needs a wet wipe to clean her mess. I told her that she'd use the rag. I tell her to show me where she went so she can clean it. She led the way almost kind of proud of herself. "Okay, mom...it's over here." She's walking along and says again, "It's this way. Over here. Here it is!" Our carpet in the bedroom is dark, and I couldn't see a spot. I said, "Are you sure? Where did you go?" She excitedly answers, "Right here...on your shoe!" And she sure did. She peed right on my black leather boots. Then I understand why she said she needed a wet wipe. I still made her clean it up (and then I went back and cleaned it myself to make sure it was done right). Just another day in the adventure of potty training. I'm just glad she told me. No telling when I would have found that little present if she would have hid it from me.

1 comment:

thenewwittys said...

ok. this for sure made my day. HA!