Friday, September 11, 2009

Our most recent happenings...

I've been taking it easy this week. I had to have my wisdom teeth out. I've been avoiding it as long as I can, but it caught up with me. I'm recovering just fine. I'm ready to get off the pain medication. I don't take medicine, so if I am on it you can bet I'm hurting. I'm getting off of it just as soon as I can tolerate the pain.

We took the kids to the Sciport in Shreveport last Sunday. We got to see everything that the museum had to offer, plus the kids got to go to the IMAX for the first time. They really had a lot of fun. I'm not a big fan of science museums for my own reasons, but they do offer an opportunity for the kids to enjoy the hands-on displays. I just wanted to share a few pictures from our day.

This is Lily at the "Head on a platter" exhibit. You can tell she really got into it.

Rosalie and Iris enjoying the view from a tree house.


The girls playing the big piano together.

Okay...these next two pictures are so funny. Jamie brought a fan into the travel trailer to get the air moving. The girls were walking past it, and letting the breeze from the fan catch their dresses or shirts, and then they started sticking their face in the fan. They were cracking up in laughter. It doesn't take much to entertain us. I (of course) couldn't resist snapping a couple of pictures of the girls getting blown away.




And finally, it's official...we're not just crawling anymore, but now have added climbing and cruising. Levi figured out that he can walk without holding onto something. He's been taking steps for a while, but just one or two at a time, and then drop to the floor to crawl. I'd left the kids a few times at my parents house when I'd had my dentist appointments recently. My dad has been devoted to getting Levi to walk, and because of my folks, he's finally doing it all on his own. It's so sweet. He'll walk across the room to whoever and ready for a big hug for his accomplishment. I used to sit him on the couch to keep him contained, but that's no longer an option for me because he's now realized that he can climb too.




1 comment:

thenewwittys said...

that is super great! I love those pictures of the girls with the fan! and YAY for Levi! It's so good to hear from you Julie. I hope you're all feeling better by now. I, too, need to get 3 wisdom teeth out and I'm not planning on doing it anytime soon. I know I'll eventually have to, though.