Friday, October 3, 2008

Our most recent happenings...

I love this picture. I have to brag...I have a beautiful baby! Levi is 3 months old now, and is just the most wonderful blessing. I wake up to him every morning cooing, smiling, and kicking off the covers. He's laughing now, which is a real treat. He'll be our last (unless God sees otherwise), and seems to be growing too fast. I'm just sooo in-love with this little guy. That's one thing he doesn't do without: love. His sisters smother him with kisses. They all want to help out with their baby brother. I'm just enjoying him right now. Before I know it, he'll be his daddy's little buddy, so I want to soak up as much of him as I can while I still have a chance.





We went to the Ft. Worth Zoo yesterday for homeschool day. We met up with some friends of ours. All the kids had sooo much fun, and did very well for the long day that we had. Even though we were there pretty much all day, I think we missed some animals. I love going to the zoo. I remember when I was pregnant with Jasmine, Jamie took me to the zoo for my birthday. He's so thoughtful :) I was very thankful that he was able to go with us. I don't know how I would have managed without him there. He not only helped keep an eye on the kiddos, but he'd also made and packed our lunch and snacks for the day. He does such a good job when I finally let go, and let him help ***Note to self...I should let him help more often...***



As if the zoo wasn't enough, I also managed to drag the family to the mall afterward to get Iris' birthday present. This year, all the kids got to make a trip to Build-A-Bear Workshop. I wanted to keep their birthdays simple, but special. Iris turns 2 on October 8th, so it was her turn to make a bear. Jamie got to take her through the process this time. She picked her bear quickly...she's a girl that knows what she wants. When it was time to fill the bear, the noise from the machine scared her, but I was quick to get her sisters over there to help out. It worked, and Iris was ready to go on. When she went to pick out clothes, she picked a Nascar outfit. Jamie liked that. But I had to intervene. I had them put it back, and directed them to a different shelf of clothes. Thus resulting in what you see in the picture. She named her bear Baby.

Oh, and another silly picture of the girls. You know, in the age of digital cameras, most silly pictures get deleted (unless you keep them to black-mail someone). But I have lots of goofy pictures. They really show personality, and most of them have a story. It's a sweet time when you get to sit down with a photo album and flip through the pages to remember those moments.

2 comments:

Midwifemama said...

Levi is still so different from the girls! His looks are definitely his very own! And I can't believe he's already laughing. I definitely need to get by to see you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Betsy. His looks are DEFINITELY his own. No wonder people think he's got different parentage. *wink* No-- he's just as beautiful as the girls are, but in a masculine way.

And hey... I love your goofy pictures! I agree with the sentiment about digital photography. We already have more pictures of our little one than I think my mom had of most of my infancy!