Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Iris



Today our precious Iris turns 2. We ate birthday cake last night because I have to work Wednesday evenings. Instead of a big cake, we did cupcakes, and everyone got to get in on the action.
Our lady bugs were strawberry cakes frosted with chocolate and strawberry icing, topped with chocolate chips and mini oreos. I baked and frosted them, and then the girls took care of the decorating. As you can see, Jamie got in on it, too.








Iris was still asleep from her nap when we got started. I woke her up hoping that she'd want to help out, but she was still pretty out of it, and ended up just eating the chocolate chips while the other girls finished decorating. We were crunched for time because Jamie needed to go to a men's group meeting, and my sister Ashley (who had stopped by) had choir rehearsal. So, me, being the "greatest mom ever" (as proclaimed by my kids), let everyone have cupcakes before eating dinner.




The cupcakes ended up tasting really good. Lily ate 3, and was about to grab a fourth when Jamie had stopped her. Jasmine licked the frosting off of 2, and was getting another to do the same when, again, Jamie had to stop her. Rosalie nibbled most of one, and Iris was given 2--the one with her name and the one with the number 2 on it. Iris ended up wearing a lot of hers.
Ashley left, shortly followed by Jamie. The rest of us decided to go get happy meals, and then came back home to eat and hang out together. Last night was really a sweet time. I so enjoyed watching them decorate, and then eat the cupcakes. I have a happy, precious bunch of kids. I don't ever imagine life without them because they've made mine complete. Happy birthday my beautiful baby Iris, and may God bless you with many more to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How absolutely precious. :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad :( She is growing up to fast.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea with the cupcakes!!