Saturday, June 6, 2009

You Go, Girls!


Lily and Jasmine finished their week of soccer camp. Lily was the little cheer leader out on the field, shouting to her teammates, "Good job, guys! You can do it! Good job!"

But Jasmine was out there to win. The first morning, she spoke with her dad on the phone while getting ready, and told him, "I'm going to soccer camp, and I'm going to get a goal." Each day I got to see her play, and she definitely has a competitive bone. The first day I witnessed her kicking the ball down the field, and she mowed right over a little girl, and never stopped to look back. She just kept going with the ball. Shortly after that, it was her turn to be goalie, and she had the look of determination on her face, with her arms stretched as far as they could go, and she didn't let one ball past her.

Both girls did very well, and had a blast. They're already talking about next year's camp. The last day was the awards ceremony. Lily received the Best Friend award. Jasmine's team called themselves the Skittles, so Jasmine received the Purple Skittle award for being the sweetest.
Here's a few more pictures from this past week.


Above and below are the girls during music.


Levi and Iris listening to the kids singing.


Lily's award being announced.


On the way home after a busy morning.

Okay, this one has a story. After browsing craigslist for almost 4 months, I finally found an oven. It's practically brand new, the seller was here in town, and they gave it to me for a great price. My brother, Justin (who I can't thank enough), put it in for me. To celebrate my new working oven, I made the girls some cookies...M & M cookies. This is Iris showing me how much she enjoyed her cookie with the blue M & M's.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you got an oven. Love the pictures of the kids. You have to give me the recipes for the cakes in the microwave.
Kimber