Monday, November 3, 2008

Ninja!

First, let me start out by saying that I did not pose my children. We were about to load up in the suburban to go to the party when I said, "Hey girls, let me get a picture of you first...stand together over here." I made sure they were close enough to all make it in the picture, and I told them to smile, but they instead decided to really get into character, thus resulting in what you see. Iris is so funny. She likes to make "chopping" motions with her hands, and say, "Hit!...Hit!...Hit!" Levi got to dress up, too. I love his outfit with his little hat. Since they are so young, and I don't give them much say in the decision, I have fun dressing them with a theme in mind. I had a lot of different themes that I was trying to find enough costumes in the right sizes...clowns, super heroes, wizard of oz, and star wars. I'm glad the ninja theme won. Seeing all of them in their costumes, and watching them run around & play was so much fun for Jamie and I.




The night before the party, we went to see The Promise with some friends of ours. All the kids did so well, and really enjoyed it. Lily was on the edge of her seat for most of the performance. It was definitely a far better treat for them than a bag full of candy for Halloween.

Speaking of treats, I can't forget to mention that Jamie took it upon himself to make caramel apples for the girls. He didn't do the whole production of dipping the apples...he took the short cut of buying those caramel disks to wrap around the apples. That's not the point, though. The point is that he made his girls a treat, and I thought it was really sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, they look awesome! As we went through our pictures from the day (well over 100) we kept saying, "Oh there's another ninja..."

haha.