Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh, I almost forgot...

...to mention what Jamie got me for Christmas. He did really good this year. I ended up guessing 2 of my gifts. It wasn't that hard to guess, though. I made it really clear what I wanted by slowly and loudly saying, "I'd really like ____ for Christmas..." But he went a step further, and got me something all on his own. I had a hunch that he'd bought something else. One afternoon while the girls were eating lunch, Lily and I were talking about some of the gifts under the tree. Lily said, "I bet you don't know what's in the big red box." I told her that I knew what it was. It was the mixer that I'd asked for. And I told her that I also knew about the dutch oven that Jamie had bought, as well. She said, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe you already know what you're getting." Then, hoping to get some information out of her, I said, "I even know about the other present your dad bought me...the little one." And she said with surprise, "I can't believe he told you about the necklace!!!"

Of course I knew nothing about it. And even though I managed to spoil the surprise, I was still impressed when Jamie gave it to me Christmas morning. He was excited to find it. He said, "It's a heart for each one of the kids." He's very thoughtful. I've had it one since he put it around my neck that morning. He did a good job this year! Just had to brag on my hubby.

And for those of you wondering, "Why didn't I get a card?" I didn't get a chance to sit down and put together Christmas cards this year. I think I managed to send out 5, which caused a problem. I sent one to an aunt because she was in the beginning of my address book, and didn't get the rest of the aunts a card, and everyone was asking, "Where's mine?" I guess I'll save the cards for next Christmas, but I still have pictures. I think I'll do a family newsletter, or something. Who knows? But here are the actual pictures that were suppose to be sent out.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift!!

Midwifemama said...

Yup! I definitely missed *my* card, too! :>)